"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."

Crystal Mountain

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

Sean and I went to the open house today for the home in Elk Run. The house is adorable - very cozy and the neighborhood is great. It definitely needs some updating, but at only $220k, we would have plenty of money for renovations. Plus, the Realtor guessed that because the house is a short sale, it will probably end up selling for around 200k or 205k. Not bad at all, and then even more money for renovations! Sean and I have some big decisions to make because our response to the counter offer on the Willow Park home is needed by Tuesday or the counter expires. It's a tough call because I absolutely love Willow Park and the home is substantially larger than the home in Elk Run. However, there is also quite a price difference and it would be a lot of fun to personalize the Elk Run home to our preferences. I wish I could see into the future to determine how long Sean and I will need to stay in the new home. The Elk Run house is definitely a starter, whereas we would have more room to grow into the Willow Park house. So much to take into consideration!

The house in Elk Run

Sean's parents went with us to the open house and they seemed to like it as well, though they did acknowledge that it needs a lot of work. Afterward we went back to their place and his mom and I settled in around their kitchen table with some tea and talked for a while. Sean has been commenting lately on how dirty my car is, so he went outside to wash it - I never see much point to washing my car in the winter because as soon as it rains, it's filthy again. Because his mom and I were so caught up in our conversation, I didn't notice how much time had passed until Sean came in again and two hours had gone by! It doesn't take anyone two hours to wash a car, so I had no idea what he had been up to. I found out as soon as we went outside. Sean had waxed my car for me - a job I hate and truth be told, have never actually done myself because I just know I wouldn't like it. He takes such good care of me. My car looks beautiful now!

On the drive home, we both noticed how beautiful the sunset was - evenings like we had tonight make me want to drive around and just enjoy how spectacular this area can be when the sky is clear. I just can't get over the weather we've been having. So much for six more weeks of winter - spring has already arrived! This winter has been relatively mild, aside from the few weeks of extreme cold we had, but other than that there hasn't even been that much rain. It does make me worry about the type of summer we'll have - hopefully we're done with the extremes for a while because I don't want to suffer if we buy a home without air conditioning (though the Willow Park home does have central air - one more factor to consider). The Seattle area truly is gorgeous when the sun is shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment